The beverages, candies, biscuits, and other foods produced by the factory are almost always “added with flavors.” Food flavors are special high-enrichment additives that can affect the taste and flavor of foods, and can compensate for the loss of flavors that result from food processing. The use of different flavors can give products unique flavors and create new products. Standardizing the product can make the product not easily imitated. The amount of flavor is generally small, but it determines the flavor of the food. Therefore, food essence is an essential food additive for the food industry. It is a self-contained food additive and has more than a thousand varieties. The flavor of food can be divided into:
1. Natural flavors Natural substances that are extracted from nature's flora and fauna (physical fragrances) by physical methods. Carriers of natural aroma substances are commonly found in fruit, animal organs, leaves, flowers and seeds.
2. Equivalent to natural flavor Chemical substances obtained by chemical treatment of natural raw materials or synthetically synthesized with natural natural flavor substances.
3. Synthetic flavors are obtained by artificial synthesis and other chemical methods and have not been confirmed by nature as a chemical molecule. If it is found and confirmed in nature to have the same chemical molecule, it is equivalent to a natural flavor. As long as there is a raw material in the essence that is artificially synthesized, it is synthetic flavor.
4. Microbiological methods produce flavors that are obtained via microbial fermentation or enzymatic reactions.
5. Reactive flavors are obtained by the Maillard reaction of proteins with reducing sugars and are commonly found in meat, chocolate, coffee, and malt. In recent years, powder flavors have developed rapidly and have been widely used in beverages, small foods, baked goods, and the like. There are three types of powder flavors commonly used: 1) powdered flavors in the form of a mixture: several powdery flavoring substances are mixed with each other; for example, allspice powders, curry powders, etc. Most of these flavors come from natural plant flavors and are formulated with meat. In addition to spices, some seasonings require some powdered meat flavors. Vanilla powder, vanillin and other powder flavors are also mixed. 2) Adsorption in the form of powder flavor: The fragrance components are adsorbed on the outer surface of the carrier. This flavor composition needs to have low volatility, and various meat flavors are mostly powder flavors in the form of adsorption. 3) Microencapsulated powder flavors in the form of a coating: Fragrance ingredients are encapsulated inside the carrier and the microcapsule powder flavor is the most widely used powder flavor in the food industry today.
The microencapsulation of flavors is a special means of packaging, isolation, preservation, slow release, and liquid solidification of flavors. Its main purpose is to maintain the original flavor of the flavor for a longer period of time while preserving the flavors. , to prevent deterioration of flavor caused by oxidation and other factors. This effect is not found in other powder flavors and liquid flavors. Therefore, the microcapsule powder flavor has a wide range of practical applications in the food industry. Brief descriptions are as follows: (1) Solid beverage Traditional solid beverages are produced using spray drying, vacuum drying and boiling drying methods. Liquid fragrances are used in the production process, and the solvent is removed by heating. The flavor of the product will be affected. . Nowadays, the production of solid beverages mostly uses the dry powder mixing method. During the production process, various powder ingredients are directly mixed with the microcapsule powder flavor without heating, and the product flavor remains unchanged. (2) Snack foods Potato chips, puffed foods, etc. are favorite snack foods. Their uniqueness lies in their crisp texture and rich flavor. In the production of snack foods, various types of powder flavors are formulated to make various kinds of snack foods. The flavored powdered material imparts different flavors to snack foods, including meaty, spicy, barbecue, and savory flavors. The purpose of using powdered flavoring powder is to make the product taste more direct, reduce the moisture content of the product, and improve the shelf life of the product. . (3) Baked foods Nowadays, the development of baked goods (such as biscuits, dim sum) has been diversified. In addition to sweet and salty tastes, fruity, savory biscuits and baked foods with special flavors have become commonplace. In the production of baked goods, the powdered essence used in dough preparation and taste addition, the microencapsulated powdered flavor can withstand high temperatures, reduce the loss of aroma during baking, make the aroma of baked foods thicker, and provide more variety of surface-coated aromas. Change. (4) The application of candy powder essence to candy is mainly the production of chewing gum. The powder essence and powdered sugar are mixed well first, then evenly stirred together with the gum base, so that the fragrance can be evenly dispersed, and the aroma release is slow when chewing, leaving Incense lasts longer and extends chewing time.